Monday, January 11, 2010

SeaHorse, Jewel Eel, and Electric Ray




More amazing photos from fellow diver J. Ireland. I missed the electric ray, so seeing it here is a treat. Our mission upon leaving Martinez was to make it down to Loreto or La Paz and DIVE. These creatures and sites were more than we could ask for. What great memories!
I could do a mexican hat dance I'm so happy with these photos. Dolphin Dive Center in Loreto is a good dive shop. Would recommend it to anyone. We were there at the coldest time of year and Raphael, our DM fixed us up with double 3mm wetsuits (two suits ea) which made our dive warm enough and not terribly stiff like a 7mm. Water temps were 65-68 degrees F.
Diving is the closest I have ever gotten to escaping life on Terra Firma. Truly magical, like an out of body experience (without leaving your body). I say this because I sometimes have to pinch myself while diving as I can't believe I am seeing what I am seeing. Another fantastic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment